Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Adoption Journey - Part 9

Sharing –

It was time to share with the world that we were in a relationship with a birth mom who had our “maybe baby” growing in her belly.  My first stop was to share with my BFF, “Auntie” Crystal…I knew she wouldn’t be able to contain her excitement because she and “Uncle” Lee had been part of our prayer warrior team since the beginning of this journey.  Next I made several phone calls and texts to share with family and friends.  After Richard got home from work we made a trip to tell his parents in person…next time you see Richard’s mom ask her about her reaction, it was CLASSIC!  Aunt Heather and Uncle David were there and Great Grandma and Grandpa Norm also came to congratulate us.  My phone was exploding with text messages.  All around us we could feel the excitement of caring people who had been praying and hoping with us for over a year. 
The name Cooper actually came from that night at Richard’s parents.  I already liked Javin and Richard sort of liked Joshua, but we had yet to agree.  He started an internet search for boy names and while we were making fun of all the crazy names on the list we came across Cooper.  Everyone seemed to like it and even though my mom pushed Parker for awhile J Cooper stuck!!

 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(John 14:13 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment