Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Daddy's Day

If you're keeping track or have noticed, I missed a Daddy's Day post last week due to a very very important day in our lives. Last Tuesday night Cooper James came into the world at 11:51pm! Needless to say this has been the most amazing week of my life and also the most tiring. I can't believe how much I love this little guy! He's just been a perfect baby...he doesn't even cry unless he's hungry or is just having a hard time finding his thumb.

Someone told me that the moment I see and hold him that the love is no different than if Candice had carried him for 9-months. This is so true, the love that I have for my son is undescribable and everytime I see him, I just want to hold him and never let go.  A special thanks goes out to his birthmom, Sophia, for caring for him so well over the past 9-months!!

Our week has been very interesting in learning a new routine, having family and friends come over, and going to visit people as well. I must say how blessed we are with the family we have. Grandma Hulst & Grandma Ruiter have been amazing in supporting us and loving on the newest addition to our family. I think this little boy has been kissed at least a million times since he arrived just 8 days ago. I want to say "Thank you" to all who have expressed love and prayers and have supplied meals for my family. Candice and I both have amazing families, amazing friends, and a wonderful church family.

I can hardly believe it's been 8 days since Cooper was born, where has the time gone?  I look forward to every day I have with him and each evening at 6:00 pm I'm so excited to leave work and get home to see Cooper and Candice.

I think I hear crying in my sleep...Is that possible??

Proud new Daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment