Monday, July 16, 2012

Mommy Monday

Hi friends - I thought that today I would continue to tell you Cooper's birth story...but then we had such a big day.  So I will tell you about that instead.

Today we took our third big outing.  I know at 6 days old you must be wondering where we are taking him.  Well - on Saturday we made a run to Target to exchange all our Pampers for Huggies (personal choice - I just fell in love with them at the hospital).  Then we made our way to Grandpa and Grandma Hulst's so that I could rest while Cooper and Daddy hung out.  Outing #2 was Sunday - we made it to church.  That was so good for my soul - we worshiped and were there for the sermon and Cooper slept through it all.  After service we got to show him off and hung out a little with the Helms clan before we headed to Great Grandpa and Grandma's for dinner and a nap (for all of us...).

So on to today - Cooper had his first well baby visit at the doctor.  Dr Martin said that Cooper is doing GREAT!!  He weighs 9 pounds 14 ounces - that is 4 ounces over his birth weight :) such a big guy.  That puts him in the 95th percentile.  Dr Martin checked his circumcision which has healed up really well (thankful that we no longer have to cake it with vasaline at every diaper change).  He also checked his heart, lungs, ears, and eyes - everything checked out...

Since we were already out we decided to visit the bank to see some of my co-workers and then we visited Bekins to visit Daddy's co-workers.  Let me tell you Cooper is a chick magnet.  All the girls at Bekins oogled over him.  Daddy was so proud.  After that I took him to Target - we had one last package of Pampers to return and we are already over half way through the first container of formula.  I also got a mirror for the car so that I can get a good look at him while we are touring around.

By the time we got home we were both worn out.  So Cooper had a bottle and then we had a little nap until dad got home.  Ever since we have been talking and playing and just loving on our little guy.  When we got him home from the hospital, we started to read him The Jesus Storybook Bible.  So he just finished 4 ounces and Daddy read him the story of the Fall - so thankful that at the end of each "chapter" there is a reminder of our Saviour!

Here are a couple pictures of reading time...

1 comment: