Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dad's Day

It's July 4th and Cooper isnt here yet. I have to admit, I was looking forward to the possibility of a July 4th baby. Who wouldn't like to say they get fireworks for their birthday every year? I would also be able to tell him (til he's old enough to relize or somone tells) that these fireworks are just for you! Cooper can come any day says the doctor, I just wish it was today.

As I walk by his empty room it's hard to imagine that soon we will have a little boy who will call this his room for many years to come. That room has been many things over the years, but mostly just storage. If you have read through our journey that Candice has been posting about you know that we have never prevented having children. We always thought someday this little storage room will be a nursery, we just didn't think it would be 11 years later. But I also know that our God works in His time and not on mine.

As I think about how old I will be when Cooper graduates high school or someday gets married I will be the old guy and people might ask "is this your grandfather?". Thank goodness God has blessed me with a baby face and maybe they will say "is this your brother?". I can dream, right?

As I sit here looking outside on what will be a very hot day, I must say how blessed I feel with all the family and friends that have supported us through prayer and thoughts along our journey. Soon this portion will be closed when he comes and a new chapter will open. That's when the work begins for us in making sure we raise Cooper in a Godly home, chasing after Jesus, and that mean I need to lead by example. This is my greatest challange in making sure I'm consistent in my walk with the Lord.

I'm very thankful for our church and all the great examples in the fathers there that I can lean on when I will need advice or just somone to talk too. I  know the men in my small group will be a great source of knowledge and prayer when needed. I thank you in advance as I know that I will ask often and need that shoulder to lean on. Our God is GOOD in how He puts just the right people in your life when you need them. This is my plug for a small group, they are the BEST!

Hopefully next week I will be talking about how tired I am from the late night feedings!!

Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Funny -- we were at the beach this morning and I was watching several little people who were about a year old and thought that next year that could be you two :o) He'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete