Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tadbit Tardy Tuesday

So if you are keeping track, I missed my first Mommy Monday yesterday.  Cooper and I had a quiet and productive day at home together...a shower, laundry, feedings, diaper changes, dishwasher, play time and a nap.  And then in the evening we had dinner out at the Wisen's.  After we ate, we spent some time on the deck and Cooper ate a great big 7 ounces...then we took him home but before he would go to bed he had to eat again (another 2 ounces)...what a big guy!!  It was a great day, but I got so caught up in being a mom that I forgot to post...

It was convenient though, because today Cooper is 6 weeks old!

Now he is really starting to develop a personality and interacting during play time.  My favorite new thing to do is the gitcha gitcha gitcha game - check it out



OK so maybe Daddy and I like it alittle more than he does, but sometimes it gets him to grin really big.  Love his SMILE!!

We had another big weekend, as this past Saturday we went to Grandma and Grandpa Hulst's for a little party for Cooper.  The theme was "Gone Fishing".  It was really cute!  Cooper got to meet some of his great aunts and uncle, we ate good food, had family fun, and everyone enjoyed seeing and cuddling with Coop.  Because we already have so many clothes and such, Grandma recommended that we have a formula/diaper party - what a great idea because we are stocked up again!!  Our digital camera is on the fritz so I didn't get any pictures, but Aunt Heather got a bunch that I will try to share later.

Then on Sunday we went up to my dad's after church and had a family dinner.  This was the first family dinner that Richard and I have ever attended at my Dad and Sara's.  So it was new for us, but just another day for Cooper.  It was nice for him to spend time with Grandpa Dan and Grandma Sara and good for Richard and I to acclimate to visiting.  I am so excited for all the things that my dad will teach Cooper.  Like how to fix cars and how to soften up a brand new baseball glove, and what a proper camping trip is like!!  This little guy has really affirmed that God has been leading me toward admitting that I played a part in staying away so long due to holding bitterness and unforgiveness in my heart.  God is the one who led me to a place of forgiveness and I had a wonderful afternoon with my dad and Sara and my brothers and of course Ashley and Noah.  Feeling sorry that we have missed out on these times in the past, but happy to make amends.  So we will be visiting again soon.  Ps - thanks Aunt Ashley for letting us borrow our camera until we decide which one we want to purchase in the near future.  Oh and I'm not sure why we didn't get any pictures of Grandma Sara - next time for sure :)



Tonight, Richard and I went out for dinner as part of the Bekin's Birthday Celebrations.  It was nice to have a "date night".  Knowing that Cooper was getting SPOILED by great grandpa and grandma made it even more fun for us to be away for an evening.  But it was also wonderful to come home and have a little play time before bed...



So much for Mommy Monday this week...hope you have enjoyed Tardy Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment