Monday, August 13, 2012

Mommy Monday

Today was a busy day for this mommy...we were blessed to spend Saturday night at some friends' cottage and with all the rain last weekd, our yard was getting to be like a forest.  So I asked my grandma to watch Cooper and I mowed and trimmed and weeded the flower beds.  Because we were gone, the laundry was also overflowing - so I was busy.  But after a relaxing and rejuvinating weekend I didn't mind at all!  And my grandma was so glad to have some time with Cooper :)

So back to the weekend.  We were able to take advantage of an overnight stay at the Moeller Cottage.  What a peaceful place for Cooper's first official night away from home.  When we arrived we spent some time out on the deck enjoying the quiet.



 We were all so tired from the past few weeks that we were in bed by 7:30 pm and slept until about 8:00 am Sunday morning.  Then we went for breakfast at the Omelette Shoppe.  It was fabulous and Cooper did great (so did Donkey)


My guys Saturday night...
My guys Sunday morning - so sweet!

The Omelette Shoppe















After breakfast it was back to the Cottage for a Small Group Potluck Picnic.  The big kids rode the waverunners, the ladies took a paddle boat ride, the little ones went swimming with Mr. Moeller, the "grandmas" held Cooper, the food was great and the twins got their first squirt of whipping cream out of the can!!  A fun day was had by all and Cooper was so exhausted that he slept from the 8:30 pm feeding all the way through to 2:30 am!!

Cooper had a little nap before everyone arrived











  


So on to today.  After all my busy-ness, I had the joy of cutting my boys' hair tonight.  Daddy got an all over cut and we just cut the back of Cooper's.  His little baby hair was getting soooo long back there so we trimmed it up... 



Even though it looks like we had to hold him down, we weren't...Richard had him layed across his lap and I was just holding his head to the side so that I could get at the back of his neck :)







 
So there it is another Monday as a happy family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment