Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Feeding Cooper = Dad has to itch?

So why is it that every time I feed my little man that I have to itch? It never fails that when I have one arm holding Cooper and the other hand is holding the bottle that I have to itch my nose, ear, back, forehead or wherever else it's impossible to reach when both of my hands are full. It's truly the craziest thing that happens to me when I feed him...that is besides trying and trying and trying to get him to burp of course. I have now become accustomed to balancing the bottle on my chin or forehead to itch when the problem arises!!

It's been 29 days since Cooper James was born. I can't begin to tell you how much love I have for my son! He has completely changed my world and everything in it. I have a hard time leaving for work in the morning because I just want to hold him. I know that he has the best mother in  the world taking care of him when I'm working and Candice sends me pictures daily of what they are up to and that they can't wait for dad to get home. From the time I get home until Cooper goes to bed, he's in his dad's arm and I love every minute of it!!!...that is even though my left arm is permanently asleep from holding my best little friend, Cooper.




My favorite part of any day is spending time with Cooper and Mommy and I truly love having our Wednesdays and Sundays to spend as a family together. I also love the fact that I get to tuck my little guy into his crib every night and pray over him and my family for the blessings that God has given us.

I was thinking last night how much God loved the world to have sent His only Son to atone for our sins. I can't begin to imagine the amount of love that God had for his Son, but these past 29 days gives me just a small glimpse of what He has done for us because of the love I have for my son. God I "Thank You" everyday for this little boy who can melt my heart!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is part of Murphy's Law...I guess we could call it Richard's Law

    "Anything that can itch while I am holding Cooper, Will itch."

    ReplyDelete