Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dad's Day


Well today was the 3rd week that Dad and Cooper have been together while mom was away at work. It would seem that I have been doing this for years now. Cooper and I had a great morning, first I fed him and then I got some breakfast too. We sat together in moms chair :) and read his Bible story book and he would coo on what he thought. I abosultely love spending time with Cooper and having him coo and smile and his facial expressions are priceless. He even "helped" me with my honey-do list from Mommy.  He is getting so big and as the doctor said he looks like the average 4 month old! It's hard to imagine but Cooper was 10 weeks old yesterday, it seems like he has been here much longer than 10 weeks.
 
Cooper missing Mommy
 
Resting after breakfast


Cooper fell asleep during reading time


All coos!

"Helping" Daddy clean the bathroom - yeah honey-do

Candice talked about the mind of a mom in her post on Monday and I feel like I now somewhat have the mind of a father. It's the best feeling in the world when I come home and get to spend time with my two favorite people. I also know that I'm the worrier of the family and that means Dad checks all doors multiple times at night before bed to make sure they are locked and I make sure everything is off and safe (such as the stove knobs). I know what your thinking, over protective and OCD. Well I think back to my childhood and can remember my grandmother checking the door when she would leave the house and jiggle the door handle until it would fall off. (Love that grandma!) I'm sure when Cooper gets older he will follow in the habits of his dad when taking care of his family.

When people say time goes by so fast, make sure you take everything in and enjoy every minute, it is so true! I can tell you this from this dad's experience that we are taking every minute of every day enjoying our gift from God! I'm so thankfull for what He has done and continues to do for us in taking care of my family. We serve a great God who loves all His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment