Thursday, June 28, 2012

Our Adoption Journey - Part 1

Many of you already know much of our story, but we thought it would be fun to share and have this blog as a place to look back and remember the beginning.  So this is the first of 10 posts to tell our story.

We started down this path in December of 2010.  Kristen Wisen stopped by the Bank to talk to me, Candice – this was a little bit of a surprise all in itself because I don’t usually have visitors.  So imagine my further surprise when Kristen said “there’s a baby”.  My mind went blank, my stomach dropped, and my heart was in my throat J.  Kristen’s sister, who has 2 adopted girls, worked with a lawyer in Kalamazoo who had stayed in contact with her.  When her sister received the call about this baby - she called Kristen who in turn thought of us.  Mind you that we had not even been thinking about adoption.  Don’t get me wrong, we had been married for 9-years and were wondering if God had a child in our plan, but adoption seemed out of reach.  The next few hours were a whirlwind.  I called Richard and we talked and decided to call the lawyer.  Because of the situation, everything needed to move very quickly.  We were not prepared at that point to move forward with this opportunity, but God had started us on a journey...

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know that plans I have for you," declares the Lord,  "plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans for hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment