Monday, June 25, 2012

Mommy Monday's

Another Monday is here and still no Cooper. I really have to tell you that this waiting is SUPER hard. But the Lord continues to provide patience and so many things to keep us busy. Over the weekend we worked diligently in the yard and house to get ourselves caught up on work. We both want to be able to spend as much time as possible with our little guy once he arrives! Who wants to have to mow the lawn, weed the flower gardens, dust the furniture, or clean the toilet when they could be holding a baby? So again we are READY J

I was hoping to share some pictures from our church shower a couple weeks ago, but haven’t connected with the fabulous photographer yet. These will be coming, but for now I decided to share some pictures of the nursery instead. Everyone has been curious about our “theme”. Well…I’m calling it a hodge podge. We chose a vinyl tree decal that I LOVE before we even knew Cooper was coming. The majority of the decorating has revolved around this tree, but we also have a little Noah’s Ark, a little polka dot, and a little jungle mixed in. Above the tree I’m thinking about applying a life verse for him in the vinyl lettering. 




We have been filling the closet with goodies – clothes from size 0 to 24-months, hats, diapers, and toys (like this little Mini Cooper J or Daddy's favorite the Detroit Tigers baseball and bat). Everywhere I go I seem to find something I think he HAS to have…usually is it something small or on sale, but Richard has resorted to making me raise my right hand and vow not to enter any stores that sell baby gear without him!! (but I try not to make any promises)
The crib is ready for him,


but I think we will let him spend a few weeks in his cradle. Isn’t it beautiful…Richard’s Grandpa Norm made it and we are so thankful for such a beautiful gift! In addition, my Grandma “Dot” painted the picture that is hanging over his crib – again soooo special! He will also have a hand painted/created mural of a tree branch (by “Aunt” Crystal) with decoupaged leaves that contain encouraging scripture references from the ladies who attend the baby shower – what a blessing!

 The changing table is stocked and organized by bins…clothes, bibs and burp clothes, socks and paci’s, blankies, and extra bedding…I know all of you moms out there are laughing about how this will likely not be so neat in the very near future. And I’m already wondering if anyone has any advice on how not to lose those tiny little socks in the wash??


Of course we had to have the video monitor. This is a much talked about item in our circle. Many of the new moms have one. Mary Wisen has a great post about this on her Normal Shmormal blog. I can’t wait to watch him sleep and play from the comfort of my own bed.

But, my favorite part of the room is our glider which is seated within arms length of the book shelf. I enjoy reading everyday and can’t wait to share this passion with Cooper J

Well, as anxious as I am for him to be here, I’m so very glad that God has Cooper safe and sound in Sophia’s tummy. His birthmom is very laid back and pleasant and is such a trooper. Any time we’ve asked her how she is feeling, she always says something like “Great” or “I’m doing good” or “everything is fine”. Up until today, the biggest complaint has been that her sleep had gone down to about 7 hours a night which is still pretty great being this close to the due date. As of today, her hip is starting to hurt and making it harder to walk – I know this probably means that he is moving lower and starting to press on her all over. And for me it also means that I need to stay on my knees praying for her because she holds a special place in my heart as Cooper’s birthmom and I’ve come to care deeply for her. Not only has God given us the opportunity to adopt Cooper, but He has given us the opportunity to get to know Sophia and her family which has been such a blessing so far. So thankful for the Lord’s goodness and for Cooper’s growing “forever family tree”!

Psalm 1:3 He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.

1 comment:

  1. Try a lingerie mesh bag for the baby socks. and his mural is ready.....

    ReplyDelete