Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dad's Day

Another Wednesday is upon us and still no baby Cooper. Everyday that I pass by his room I always say "hello Cooper" or "goodnight Cooper" or I'll simple ask him what he would like to do today. I know that he will come soon, but I'm not sure I can wait for the day and neither can Candice. I really can't hardly wait til he's old enough to go to Disney World and a to see a Tigers game! I can picture us there on the rides at Disney and going to our favorite spots. I think 3 years old is a great age and Candice seems to think 5 is a good age to go. We might have to split the difference. :) 

It's a good thing he didn't come this week as I'm getting over a sinus/coughing spell. I went to the doctor today because I was starting to get on Candice nerves with my coughing and she said if I wasn't better I would have to wait outside the hospital room if he came. So I went and the doctor says I have a low grade childrens ear infection and my cough is okay and with antibiotic will go away in a week. Oh he also said I can hold the baby if he comes because I'm not contagious, whewwwwww!

At the doctor, Candice told me I also had to ask the about my big toe (she say's it looks disgusting) and a couple of spots on my back.  He told me neither were anything that I needed to worry about - both were likely "gifts" from my parents.  That got me thinking about what Cooper would inherit from me.  Well with adoption there won't be anything genetic like my blue eyes with brown hair (graying ever so slightly) or my one short leg.  But I do think there will be a few things - like letting his socks hang off the end of his feet, riding the pony while he drys after a shower, and of course a love for Mickey Mouse and the Detroit Tigers.

Well that is all from this soon-to-be dad for now. Cooper stay strong in your mommy's tummy and Sophia stay strong too, as I think about both of you and pray for you with each passing day. Psalm 139<- My favorite passage.

1 comment:

  1. You two are amazing. We are praying for Sophia and Cooper every day, along side you. Hope your feeling lots better real soon, Rawsome!

    ReplyDelete