Monday, June 18, 2012

Mommy Mondays

For those of you who have decided to follow along and don't already know this - I will be a working mom.  However, after my baby leave, I will only be working part-time and I will have all day on Monday with Cooper.  That said, today was a tenuous day at work.  I find my mind drifting to he and his birthmom so often.  I wonder how she is feeling...is she sleeping well...is she uncomfortable...is he still growing (because he is already such a big boy).  This makes it slightly hard for me to concentrate.  Today it got so bad that eventually I just texted Cooper's birth-grandma to see how everything was going.  She was quick to respond that everything is going well.  I'm so thankful to have an open relationship where the birth family is so understanding and wants to keep us up to date and is as excited for us as we are. 

So hopefully within the next week or two...or three...I will begin posting about how Cooper and I are spending our Mondays together.  I know in the beginning it will be a lot about holding and feeding and rocking and reading.  Don't get me wrong I intend to thoroughly enjoy that time with him.  But I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't secretly waiting for the Monday we can go out bug hunting together!

Until then, I will "Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let my heart take courage; wait for the LORD!" Psalm 27:14

2 comments:

  1. You'll be a wonderful mommy, Candice, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to day dream about little Coop huh ? :) Love it!! Love him already!

    ReplyDelete