Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dad's Day

I know what you're thinking, what has Richard been doing since he hasn't posted a blog? Well, life has been crazy and super busy. I'm amazed on how busy life can be sometimes. A couple weeks ago we had some friends over visiting from England, the Lothamers. When we started going to Harvest Bible Chapel in West Olive they were our small group leaders. We spent a couple of years in their group until we decided to go to Harvest Spring Lake. They are great friends and leaders. It was great to see them since it had been over a year. That same week Candice mom came into town for a week to see Cooper and have a shower for Aunt Ashley and baby Parker. So we were over at her grandparent's every night that week, so Grandma Teresa could spend as much time with Cooper as possible. Needless to say we are tired, worn out and ready for a vacation.

Whoever thought parenthood would be so busy? I have a new found respect for parents who have more than 1 child and try to get things done. On Wednesday, it's just me and Cooper as Mom is at work. I'm still trying to balance getting things done and spending enough time with my little guy. It's a hard thing to juggle time being busy with home stuff and playing with Cooper. Today I had intentions to dust and clean the kitchen and go outside with Cooper for a walk. Well, we ended up falling asleep after his afternoon bottle and Dad woke up after an hour and Cooper just kept on sleeping. When Candice came home I apologized for not getting more done, but having the loving wife I do, she was just happy that Cooper and I spent time together. I do love that little guy so much and it brings such happiness to my heart every time I get to hold him.
This is how I left him when I went outside :)

I did manage to get outside and get some leaves done and the garage cleaned out so Candice can start parking inside as we get closer to winter. I also got my haircut by my beautiful wife and we also cut Cooper's hair as his was getting long. Now Cooper and dad have the same haircut...well not quite :)

As we get closer to the holidays it will be a challenge to see all family and friends we want to see. I know lots of people want to see, hold, and love on our little guy. My prayer is that we stay on schedule with Cooper and make sure we get enough time for ourselves in the process. I sometimes wish we all lived closer to our family and we could just walk down the street to see all the family we have and friends. I know that God will give us strength as we head forward and I look forward to seeing all of our friends and family over the holiday season.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings and God bless,

Richard

PS - I want you all to know how much I love my amazing and beautiful wife!
(After all she does proof read and correct my grammar mistakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment