Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dad's Day

As I sit here and write my blog post, Cooper is trying ever so hard to reach his foot into his mouth. He doesn't know the law of physics yet...his leg is too short and his thigh is too large to get his foot that close to his mouth. That still hasn't stopped him from trying and getting "mad" in the process. In the last few minutes he has gotten the tip of his sock in his hand, and is pulling it towards his mouth. Come to think of it, I have the same problem...legs too short and thighs too large to get my foot in my mouth. :) Cooper has seen a few ladies his age at church who can pull this off and I think he's trying too keep up. <-- Funny!

I love Wednesday's because Cooper and I get to spend so much time together. During the rest of the week it's come home from work, play with Cooper, eat dinner, play a little more, bathtime, PJ's, bottle, and off to bed. So Wednesdays are the mid-week day to relax with my son...and I love every minute of it. Today was going along smooth and Coop and I were relaxing as Dad was finishing eating his lunch and the Coopster had a meltdown. I was trying to figure why he was unhappy and then Candice called and heard him fussing. Whenever Cooper hears his Mom's voice on the phone, his eyes get really big and he can't figure out where it's coming from. So, after a minute of talking and his unhappiness getting louder, I had to hang up and talk my little guy down. Candice called back a minute later and was giving Dad tips on what might be wrong. It's been a few days since he had pooped a good one (yep I said poop) and she suggested a few things. So we hung up and I got up and noticed his shirt was wet and so was mine? We got to his room and I started to check his diaper and realized that we no longer have to wonder when he will poop because his whole underside and back have exploded gooooooop from his diaper. At this point I have to strip him down and give him a bath and I got the joy of changing my own clothes too! After we got all cleaned up he started to melt down again and I knew he was hungry. I made him a bottle and about half way through he falls asleep and then there was....wait for it...quiet!!

That my friends is the pleasure of being a dad, father, and someone who loves his child more than words can describe. Even when the day doesn't go your way and you get pooped on, it's still a great day to be Cooper's Dad! All it takes is one look into his little brown eyes and you will be hooked forever!


Have a great poop-free week! 

1 comment: